Nowadays, we live with a pace of hurry; we are always running for something or the other. Our lifestyle has degraded; our thoughts have become limited; we do not think about our health unless we have to Instagram our health photos.
We have not kept our health on a priority basis, either we are eating a lot of junk, or we are eating healthy food with minimum nutrition, which is leading to Starving. So the conclusion is we are not giving the body enough, or we are not giving the right thing.
Ankylosing Spondylitis is a genetic disease with only one cause, HLA-B27 gene present in the patient.
What is Ankylosing Spondylitis?
Ankylosing Spondylitis is a chronic disease characterised by stiffening of joints of the axial skeleton, especially Sacro-iliac joints. When the tissue around the joints gets affected by the condition, it is replaced by new tissue, which slowly turns into bone. This can fuse the joints.
Some people with ankylosing spondylitis tend to end up with a needle that is almost entirely fused, like a single bone
Signs and symptoms you will experience
Earlier signs and symptoms of ankylosing spondylitis includes:
• Pain and stiffness are present your lower back and hips, in the morning and after rest.
• Neck pain and fatigue also are joint. Symptoms might become worse, improve or inhibit at the irregular intervals.
The joint which is present between the base of your spine and your pelvis (sacroiliac) vertebrae in your lower back tends to fuse.
THREE THINGS YOU HAVE TO START DOING?
Let us improveand start doing these three things to make a healthy living.
Let us start with our body and know how it can help we come from the disease in a better way.
• Daily physical activity is crucial for people with this disease and can reduce pain also improve the mobility and posture and help you maintain your flexibility; exercising can help you achieve a healthy weight.
• Practising good posture can help prevent spinal fusion in a stooped or deformed position. Not everyone will have a fusion in the spine, but practising good posture can help keep your spine in a place that looks and feels better. Posture exercises should be practised daily to have the best impact on your spine’s symptoms.
• Massage can help you achieve that perfect mobility despite your disease. As it can help you improve your body level and reach a particular watermark of fitness despite the illness.
Things you need to add and avoid in your diet:
• Avoid alcohol.
• Include calcium-rich food and increase vitamin D intake to support bone health.
• Practice a diet which is rich in fruits, raw vegetables and whole grains.
• Limit fats, animal products, processed or mixed foods, and try to drink eight to 10 glasses of water each day.
A diet which is rich in omega-3 fatty acids may which decrease the disease activity in people with ankylosing spondylitis.
The Arthritis Foundation researchers have reported that diets high in alfalfa, zinc, or copper salts and Maintain Healthy weight.
As a person in the disease, you are bound to get affected with negative thoughts which are making you feel weak inside. So it is time you do these three things.
Practice mindful meditation.
Deal with your stress.
Allow positivity to be part of your life.
It is time to make ourselves healthier without disease hampering our growth.
Disclaimer: The health journeys, blogs, videos and all other content on Wellcure is for educational purposes only and is not to be considered a ‘medical advice’ ‘prescription’ or a ‘cure’ for diseases. Any specific changes by users, in medication, food & lifestyle, must be done under the guidance of licensed health practitioners. The views expressed by the users are their personal views and Wellcure claims no responsibility for them.