In Part1 of this series on the Art of surrendering, we understood the true meaning of surrendering and examples to understand it. In this article, we will learn to:
- Prepare to let go of the past ways of living that did not serve us.
- Learn newer ways of preparing mind and body, physically, emotionally and mentally for surrendering.
- Learn how to truly understand and implement surrender.
Intuition - Voice from within
“We must take care to not make the intellect our God. It cannot lead; it can only serve.” - Albert Einstein
Key to surrender comes from your intuition also called the ‘Voice of the subconscious mind’ and not the linear mind or the conscious mind. The higher the intensity of surrender and longer the practice, the more intuitive and open we become to deeper knowledge. The more we surrender or act based on what the intuition tells us, we see the results faster and the better we get at practising it.
- Intuition does not always offer you what you want to hear, but it offers information on whether we choose to act upon it or no.
- When we slow down enough, we can often listen to our GUT instincts or body’s signals to make a decision. This may appear as goosebumps that conveys what feels right and what feels off.
- Listening to intuition means we don’t try to figure something out but remain receptive and open.
- The linear mind is an astute analyser, it has a tendency to clench, withdraw, fear the unknown, to protect, to calculate and stay away from the ‘unproven’. It cannot think beyond logic and is limited. It cannot do what the heart’s way of thinking via the subconscious mind can do.
- Intuition is driven by the power of the heart, harmonizing with people and not butt heads.
- Though not impossible, intuition does not come by thinking logically.
How to become more intuitive?
Practising positive living daily by reducing any non-serving, negative energies both within and around us that breaks us down and embracing things that build us up or keeps us happy, we open the communication via the heart and be able to listen better to the voice from within, be able to understand the subtle signs and synchronicities.
- Consume high vibrating foods – Fruits, vegetables and greens are the highest vibrating foods on the planet. The more you consume them, the more we start vibrating at their frequencies. Focus on having a balanced whole food plant-based meal. Avoid calorie-dense processed foods that are nutrition deficient.
This is the top in the list to become spiritually stronger.
- Be on the side of justice – Always do the right thing and fight for justice in all your experiences with others or with yourself. Truth always wins and the universe works for the one who works for the right thing. I learnt from Prof. Krish Murali that we must always do things that do not hurt oneself or others, now or in the future, physically or mentally.
Speaking the truth avoids a life of conflict.
- Do not judge –Judging and labelling others restricts our vitality. Everyone acts based on their current belief systems. The belief system is a sum total of ones’ experiences and learnings. Avoid getting into gossip.
“When you judge others, you do not define them, you define yourself.” – Earl Nightingale
- Forgive and ask for forgiveness –when we forgive others unconditionally, we no longer hold onto the energies of the past. We forgive because we are embracing positive. We must also forgive ourselves if there are any regrets from the past. If we could erase all the mistakes of the past, we would also be erasing all the wisdom of the present. Remember the lesson, not disappointment. Anger has been proven to shorten your life. Similarly, mentally asking for forgiveness from people whom we have hurt frees up a huge amount of energy which can be used to boost our vitality.
“Refusing to forgive someone is like drinking poison and waiting for the other person to die.”
- It’s always a lesson for us – All experiences teach us something positive. Understanding that lesson is sometimes challenging, but if one recognizes the pattern, the learning can be grasped. Ex: If a person has no control over his anger and has to fix that, he will be faced with situations over and over again to test his patience. His subconscious mind will constantly remind him that losing patience or becoming angry is wrong. He can choose to listen to that and get over his anger by handling the situation with patience. If he does not learn to be patient, he will be faced with similar situations that make him angry over and over again. That’s how being aware of the pattern helps.
“He who blames others has a long way to go on his journey.
He who blames himself is halfway there.
He who blames no one has arrived.” - Chinese proverb
- Practice gratitude and positive thinking– Practicing gratitude for every aspect of life brings is a sure shot way to welcome abundance into our lives. Be grateful for every moment and breath. Gratitude brings better health, sleep, long term satisfaction and peace into lives. Keep a gratitude journal and think hard to write 10 things you are grateful for every single day. Each day, try to add 10 new things even if it sounds frivolous. The harder you think, the better you get to appreciate little details that missed your attention in the past.
Practise saying ‘thank you’ as many times as you can remember.
- Is it fatal?– Sometimes my yard-stick of measurement is to check if something is fatal enough to worry? Especially with children, parents tend to get overly stressed. Let go of minor annoyances, concerns and irritations. Studies show that people age faster if they worry a lot.
- Keep the child and humour alive – Keep some time aside to have fun with your family. Keep the child-like playfulness alive. Laughter increases longevity. Being playful increases serotonin and endorphins. Laughter decreases stress hormones thus improving the resistance to disease.
- Practice blessings – Blessings can raise ones’ frequency to attract better possibilities. Refer to this article.
- Meditate – One of the few meditations that I love to practice on a daily basis for inner peace is a guided meditation on twin hearts by Master Choa Kok Sui of Pranic Healing. Meditations of all forms help.
“The more regularly and the more deeply you meditate, the sooner you will find yourself acting always from a centre of peace.”– J. Donald Walters
- Chanting – Using mantras can help to break through subconscious barriers to evoke true positive change. Just before the mind reaches a state of deep sleep or unconsciousness, it reaches a state of Teta with waves vibrating between 4-7 Hz. Some sounds and mantras have the same frequency as the Teta waves or 3.5 beats per minute. The brain copies the frequencies that we get exposed to the most. There is a connection between the movement of the tongue in the mouth through language and the chemicals, or fluids, of neurotransmission of the brain as per the studies. The central nervous system also begins to vibrate at the frequencies of the sound emitted from the seed mantra that is chanted. When we recite a mantra, we touch the palate with our tongue. In the palate, there are 84 meridian points, 64 in the hard palate and 20 in the soft palate. This vibration goes from the hypothalamus, the one that directs the actions of the pituitary gland, and governs the endocrine systems, or, the one in charge of releasing chemicals and hormones throughout the body, to the brain. This vibration (frequency) releases chemical hormones that balance the body, and have healing effects both emotionally and physically. 15-30mins of chanting is ideal for any such exposure.
“A mantra is nothing more than a collection of words strung together to create a positive effect.” – Robin S. Sharma
- I am already blessed –When you acknowledge your present reality as-is, that’s when you are grateful for the being. Changing your perception by being grateful for the ‘NOW”, you vibrate at a higher level and you tend to manifest more into your being. Example, a poor man tending to think he has no money to feed his family on a daily basis gets to experience the same all his life. If he tends to think he is the richest man for he gets enough to stay happy, he will attract more overtime.
“Whoever has gratitude will be given more and he or she will have an abundance. Whoever does not have gratitude, even what he or she has will be taken from him or her” – The Magic, Rhonda Byrne.
Preparing for surrender
- Prepare your linear /conscious/intellectual mind for a surrender. Learn the benefits of surrender and tell yourself why it’s important for you to practice it. Eg: If you keep reminding your husband to do that work, he will get irritated and may delay it further.”
- Emotionally clear your blocks and limitations. Letting go off all the fear, worry, anxiety, losing control, feeling vulnerable, negative and wrong conditioning by family such as “You can’t trust anyone”, “The world is cruel”, “We will always we poor”, “Rich people are arrogant” can help you become prepared emotionally for surrender. Unchain the blocks that constrict your capacity to fully surrender by “loving someone”, wearing your favourite dress, picking a profession that you love so that you can open doors to a life that brings joy and grace.
- Physically de-stress. Take a deep breath, release all the tension in the muscles. Regular exercises, yoga and pranayama loosen the body and its blocks. Get off TV, computer and gadgets and connect to nature.
- Give over to the higher power. Spiritually surrendering does not mean giving up, or give in. It means to give over or allowing a higher power to take over. Letting go off all the “I, me, mine”. Opening the doors of your heart to greater kindness and compassion. Allowing the hollow in the GUT to be filled by an unknown joy. Beginning to trust a connection that can bring in joy beyond one’s imagination. Knowing that we were never alone and being comfortable with the uncertainty and unknown makes letting go easier.
Circumstances for surrendering
God is the ultimate problem solver and we can experience it only when we surrender. Although one understands this fact, it’s not easy to let go and let God take over the problem solving mostly because we fear that His will may not match with our expectations Letting go and letting God means that we let go of the outcome we desire and let God manifest His Will. It’s easy to trust God when things are going according to our plan for ourselves, but when the plan begins to deviate from what we think should be happening in our lives, it’s easy for us to fall off course because we are allowing doubt to triumph over God. We put up a shield so that we don’t get hurt, but we are only casting out God and hurting ourselves. When circumstances show up that have the ability to break us down, we can trust in God’s promises that he won’t let us down. Learn to surrender in any circumstance, big or small.
- Decrease Resistance - A part of you does not want to let go. Fears such as “what if I get cheated?”, “What if I break my leg”, “Is this lifestyle going to really help me”. Discuss with someone who you trust if needed to help you overcome this.
- Acceptance - Accepting the current situation and agreeing that it’s not helping. Being open for a change even if the prospects are unknown, unproven. “I have tried all forms of medicines and that did not work, let me try natural cure, fruits and vegetables cannot kill me”, “My behaviour is not helping my company, I must change for the better”, “I tried all possibilities and nothing is working, it’s time to back off and let the universe take over and help me”.
- Letting go – A little willingness goes a long way. Doing things differently even if it’s for a few mins a day will reap the benefits and motivate you to continue.
In this article, we understood the importance of consciously practising a positive approach to living. In Part 3, we will learn how to practice total surrender to the universe to attract abundance and prosperity.
(About myself: Formerly I was with the IT industry for 2 decades and also have my venture on healthy vegan baking. I have suffered life-threatening allergies and survived twice. I learnt to heal naturally and applied the same on both my kids aged 13 &10. We as a family, live a healthy, disease-free lifestyle. Based on my experience and what I have gained from reading, I help others in reversing their ailments naturally and holistically.)
Disclaimer: The health journeys, blogs, videos and all other content on Wellcure is for educational purposes only and is not to be considered a ‘medical advice’ ‘prescription’ or a ‘cure’ for diseases. Any specific changes by users, in medication, food & lifestyle, must be done under the guidance of licensed health practitioners. The views expressed by the users are their personal views and Wellcure claims no responsibility for them.