Summer is the time for the skin and body to benefit from natural sunlight. With some very easy measures, a lot can be done to keep the sun out and reduce the extent of heat we receive from the outside, successfully.
1. Vetiver tatties (khus grass curtains) - serve as excellent shades from sunlight. These are very easy to tie or hook above the balconies and windows. After spraying water over them, it allows the air to cool as it enters through the gaps between them.
2. Bamboo curtains – are natural shades, which prevents sunlight and heat from entering inside the area where they are put up.
3. Thick cotton curtains inside the house also provide good shade.
4. Hanging wet towels over windows or near beds ensures a cool afternoon and night through.
5. Build your own mini plant cover or forest at home in the balcony or terrace – with cooling & oxygen enriching plants such as aloe vera, areca palm (betel nut), snake plants, golden pothos, neem saplings to name a few.
6. Growing creepers indoors and in balconies, especially as natural canopies is another great way of reducing indoor temperature. Besides summer is when they grow the quickest.
It is imperative that we protect and preserve the sidewalk trees, orchards, gardens, ponds, lakes and community tanks that have helped us get through summers comfortably. By planting more, gardening over our rooftops and collecting & conserving fresh rainwater, we can do wonders to reduce the local temperature in our vicinity.
So let’s make this summer a healthy and enjoyable one!
Disclaimer: The health journeys, blogs, videos and all other content on Wellcure is for educational purposes only and is not to be considered a ‘medical advice’ ‘prescription’ or a ‘cure’ for diseases. Any specific changes by users, in medication, food & lifestyle, must be done under the guidance of licensed health practitioners. The views expressed by the users are their personal views and Wellcure claims no responsibility for them.