Nature cure, natural living, natural healing. Maybe you have heard of these terms before. But how are they connected? What are nature’s law and how is a cure effected in nature? Why is nature cure not popular and why is it not part of mainstream? This article addresses such questions and gives an overall philosophy of nature cure.
1) Nature Cure is the oldest of the Natural Health Philosophies.
• It is the foundation for the knowledge pertaining to the achievement and maintenance of normal functioning of the body and mind.
• It is the art and science of taking care of human health by providing the organism with its biological requirements and natural conditions.
2) Natural Living - Living in harmony with the structure and cycles of the human body, the environment, the seasons, as well as absorbing the normal biological materials and cosmic, solar, terrestrial radiations, which are necessary for human health.
The components of Natural Living are:
If we accept the claim that it is natural to be healthy and that there are certain principles to be followed in order to maintain the highest degree of health, it is logical for us to study the human body and its environment and then determine what we should do to be healthy.
- We need a daily intake of a plant based foods in a state as near natural as possible eaten with the application of as little heat as possible. And in season, locally grown, preferably organic.
- It is best to adopt what is commonly called a vegetarian diet, although I prefer to call it a natural diet.
Next in our list of health needs is exercise.
- If man lived in a wholly natural environment he would not need planned exercise.
- Living under our civilised conditions it is vitally necessary to have daily exercise in order to build and maintain strong flexible muscles and tissues.
Rest is the opposite to exercise and just as important.
- Rest is really a period of relaxation in which all muscular tension is relieved.
- Sleep is the most natural and essential form of rest.
Sunlight, although feared by many, is the power from nature's generators.
- All life on earth derives its power indirectly from the Sun.
- This power in the form of solar radiations is absorbed through the skin, the air we breathe, the water we drink and the food we eat.
That rare commodity, fresh air, is also a most desirable factor in our search for health.
- Modem man is polluting his atmosphere with gases from factories, homes and transport machinery. This gives us a good reason for visiting the country or seaside as often as possible.
Water, once a wholesome beverage, is now becoming an unwholesome poisoned soup.
- Many town water supplies are unfiltered which means that the water contains sludge and algae.
- Then fluoride, chlorine, aluminium sulphate, copper sulphate and other chemicals are added to make substandard water still less suitable for human consumption.
- If we MUST drink this poisoned water it is advisable to distil or filter it to remove all impurities.
- Incidentally, water is not only used for drinking and bathing but also for producing better tone of skin and muscles.
As well as the concrete factors just discussed we have the abstract factor of the human mind.
- Nature Cure teaches that a positive, constructive and optimistic attitude of mind produces the best mental climate for high-level health and emotional stability.
If we attend to these factors we will be living fairly naturally.
3) Natural Healing - Allowing the body to heal itself without the use of drugs, medicines or any other ‘healing modality’
When conditions are correct - the body will enter into a cycle of detoxification in an attempt to normalize itself.
Note:- The same principles of Nature Cure (living food, clean air and water, sunshine, etc) apply while in health and disease as well. But in diseases, we apply the principles gently according to the situations. For example, we cannot make a bedridden patient exercise all of a sudden. We can however make him take a walk.
Q: If Nature Cure is so effective, why do not more people adopt it and why has the medical profession ignored its teachings?
A: Many people do not adopt Nature Cure because they do not wish to discard their old living habits. Many people would rather die or remain ill than give up drinking alcohol, smoking tobacco or eating the flesh of animals.
The choice is theirs. They elect to indulge their old tastes and habits rather than discipline themselves and discard their wrong habits of a lifetime.
Most physicians do not know anything about Nature Cure and are too busy to investigate it thoroughly. There is also the natural resistance to change - It's in most of us.
Another reason why Nature Cure is not popular is that there is little money in it. There is nothing to sell or exploit commercially.
If people lived normal, natural lives there would be no need for drugs nor for physicians to prescribe them. Hospitals would be drastically reduced in size and number. Only a few surgeons would be needed to attend to people who were accidentally injured.
Disclaimer: The health journeys, blogs, videos and all other content on Wellcure is for educational purposes only and is not to be considered a ‘medical advice’ ‘prescription’ or a ‘cure’ for diseases. Any specific changes by users, in medication, food & lifestyle, must be done under the guidance of licensed health practitioners. The views expressed by the users are their personal views and Wellcure claims no responsibility for them.