Cabbage is filled with nutrients, the major nutrient group it covers is vitamins. It is loaded with so many things and power-packed with anti-oxidants. It is from the cruciferous family of vegetables, it helps in reducing chronic inflammation.
Cabbage is known to be a very good source of Vitamin C, it has potassium in good quantity which helps in lowering blood pressure.
Cabbage: half-cut cabbage into chopped pieces.
One onion: Cut into small pieces.
5-6 garlic (minced)
One medium carrot cut into small pieces.
Two tomatoes made into a puree.
One Green chilli cut into long slits.
Water as per the consistency
For seasoning: Cumin seeds, red chilli flakes, oregano, Himalayan pink salt, Himalayan black salt, black pepper powder.
Cold-pressed oil - minimal (optional)
Optional: Cashew nuts paste to make it creamier.
Coriander for garnishing.
• Take a pan to add very little cold-pressed oil in it. Let it warm.
• Add green chillies, cumin seeds and onions and saute them. Can do without oil also.
• Time to add carrots and cabbage and let them get tender.
• After 5 minutes to add tomato puree with seasoning like red chilli flakes, oregano, pink salt, black salt, black pepper powder.
• Cook for 10-15 minutes.
• Serve it hot, Garnish with coriander.
Note: If you want to thicken the soup consistency then add 5-6 cashew nuts by making their powder.
• Food group: Vegetables
• Best time to eat: Can be eaten as an evening snack.
Disclaimer: The health journeys, blogs, videos and all other content on Wellcure is for educational purposes only and is not to be considered a ‘medical advice’ ‘prescription’ or a ‘cure’ for diseases. Any specific changes by users, in medication, food & lifestyle, must be done under the guidance of licensed health practitioners. The views expressed by the users are their personal views and Wellcure claims no responsibility for them.